For Valentine's Jonny and I decided to GIVE! We had so much fun too! I think we were more excited to give then the people receiving! We are thinking of making it a tradition- so you could be next to receive a romantic dinner for 2! We decided to do this for my best friend and her husband- Kristie and Mike! Those two so deserve it and so needed it after having a brand new baby in the house the last month. So Saturday morning we woke up (purchased our NEW SUV which is another post coming!) and drove down to Salt Lake to make some yummy chicken Alfredo, corn, french bread, fruit cocktail, and a chocolate pie!
Jonny's AWESOME parents let us use their house since they weren't going to be home that night and we lucked out because they already had all the decorations for a romantic evening!

We literally lit the candles like 3 times. I would call Mike and ask when he was leaving and then time it so they would be lit when they got here, but with a brand new baby- leaving on time is non existent. Here's how it all went down: Mike told Kristie earlier this week that he had a surprise dinner planned for Kristie and Jonny and I were going to watch Bailee. So Saturday night they dropped Bailee off at Jonny's parents for us to 'babysit' (I actually had to meet them out in the driveway so Kristie wouldn't see the inside of the house) and then Mike put a blind fold on Kristie and drove around the block a few times to throw Kristie off and pulled right back into the driveway. Jonny and I had the worst butterflies waiting for them to pull back into the driveway!

When they finally got there again Jonny and I raced downstairs where Bailee was and wouldn't you know it, as soon as we can hear Mike bring Kristie in and start directing her up the stairs 'Step...Step...', Miss Bailee Renee starts squriming and almost starting to cry. Panic ran thru Jonny and I- if Kristie hears Bailee it's over! We did our best to calm her down and it worked.

Kristie was SHOCKED!! We loved it!!

The table turned out so good, as well as everything else. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening for them!

Downstairs while watching Bailee I look over and this is how Jonny is feeding her! I cracked up because my husband is the most comfortable with babies than any other guy I know- he LOVES them! So it was so funny to see him looking so 'akward'.

This is more normal!

I have to laugh out loud at this picture. Bailee looks soo not interested in being in the picture with me. Looking back too, alot of pictures that we are in together she has is not interested. I hope this isn't a sign to come...

And stupid us- didn't even get a picture of the prized couple!! Dang it!!
That is such a cute idea!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute!! Love it!! Maybe we'll have to steal your idea and make it a tradition for us. hehe We aren't into Valentines day for us but we could do it for others, you guys are very creative and so nice to do that for Kristie and Mike.
ReplyDeleteThat was so nice of you guys! I am sure they really appreciated it and needed that time together! You guys are the nices people ever! Where do we sign up for next year?? :) Just Kidding!
ReplyDeleteI just have to say...Bailee is so adorable!! Extremely cute!!
ReplyDeleteUm I know I am late to comment but I wanted to say THANK YOU! That night was amazing, I was in so much shock when mike took of the blindfold that I started to bawl and could not stop until like ten mins into. Yes I am emotional but that ment so so so much to me! You guys are so awesome and I feel like I do not deserve you, you have done so much for me and my family and I could never thank you enough! I will never forget that night it was perfect!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete