Monday, January 12, 2009

Welcome Bailee Renee! - warning LOTS of pictures!

This might be my longest post ever- but it has good reason! My best friend in the whole wide world gave birth this past weekend to the most beautiful little baby girl! (warning, there are alot of picture- and it's not even my baby!)
Bailee Renee Vanwagoner
Born to Kristie & Mike
Arrived into this world @ 12:37pm
January 9th
8 lbs, 5 ounces
21 inches long

Kristie and Mike arriving at the hospital filling out the paper work. It just happened that Jonny and I met them in the parking lot, and so we were privileged to be with them the WHOLE time! We all got there around 7:45pm on Thursday the 8th. It was so much fun, and so amazing and wonderful! I am so grateful that Jonny and I were able to share with them during this monumental part of their lives. Thank you guys so much!
Best Friends- right before she got all situated in her room.


9 months and 1 week!
Soon to be parents!
She is the cutest pregnant girl ever! I can't believe that she was about to give birth and just so happy (obviously) and lookin so good!

Jonny and I brought Baby Mama- we thought it was the perfect movie to watch while 'waiting'.
The boys just chillin.
We all got a little crazy that night! I don't think we all laughed that hard in a long time! Like I said, it was so much fun!
Me hiding in the little cupboard in the hospital room. We all joked I should hide in there and in the middle of the delivery pop out and yell "Happy Birthday!"
Her first nurse, Deb, was so awesome! She had to leave at 7am the next morning, Kristie was so bummed that she couldn't be there for the delivery. But she came and found her later.
Kristie modeling her lip stuff, that face will sell that stuff!
Jonny doing his part! He was such a big help during the whole thing when he could be. Thanks so much love!
He was Kristie's remote for the first while!
Still so happy! I think this is around the time she got her epidural.



Mike (dad) taking a quick nap before the end of the beginning.
Bryce and Julie, Kristie's little bro and sis. Don't you love the camping chairs? Her room was where the party was happening! We all camped out over night!
Contractions getting closer... almost time!

And she's here!! Bailee Renee didn't even cry when she came out. She was so peaceful! She actually didn't cry until she went up to the nursery. What a happy baby, she is so content where ever she is. Let's hope it stays that way. (Oh I miss her so much and it's only been a day!)
Kristie's mom (Kathie)- new Grandma! Kathie and I were privileged enough to be in the delivery room while Bailee was being born. It was so amazing! (and I am NOT ready to do that! LOL)
Grandma and Bailee's hands. I love this picture!
Proof that she weighed this much- I couldn't believe it!
Headed up to the nursery.

After a long night Thursday night, and a long morning and afternoon Friday, Jonny and went to his parents house and CRASHED till about 9pm, and then went back to bed shortly after for the night. We woke up Saturday and headed over to Texas Roadhouse for my grandma's birthday lunch! Oh how we love love love that place! We even brought some back for Kristie, she loves it too!

Back at the hospital Saturday around 3pm. Kristie looks so good after having a baby about 24 hours ago!

Proud Grandpa! Kristie's dad.



I love this picture of Bailee and I! Look at how she is looking at me- like 'who the heck are you?!' - 'hello! I am the person that you are named after!' :)
Kristie's older brother- Brad.











OK- I had WAAY too much fun editing all these (197) pictures that I took. And that's just on my camera alone. I took probably even more picture with Krisite's camera, so she could have them. I am working on a DVD for Kristie of Bailee Renee from pregnancy to now. I can't wait to finish it and give it to Krisite.



Anika (Kristie's step daughter) and I. She is going to be such a awesome big sister!
Thought this was pretty funny! Kristie's nurse and aid's name is Kristi!


Anika- 7 going on 17!

Priceless picture- Bryce, Kristie's little bother, getting a litte emotional when he picks up Bailee for the first time. So precious!

Girls of the house!




I love this picture of Kristie and Bailee, she looks so grateful for her new baby girl!

That night Jonny and I went over to Roberts and Leslie's house. We love going over there!

We all headed over to thier friend Chris's house to play some Rock Band! And I must say, I am getting pretty good at the guitar! Colin & Jess, I am ready to rock it out again at your house soon! That night we said 'last song' for about 10 songs and finally left after midnight.


Jonny going super fast on the drums!
And before we left for Logan, one more stop at Kristie's. She got released from the hospital Sunday afternoon and was so happy to finally be home!




Congrulations Kristie & Mike & Anika! She is perfect!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome post Angela! I don't mind all the pictures at all! Maybe I'm biased since she's my new little niece though:) She's so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your friends!!! Their little girl is absolutely adorable!!! My favorite pictures when babies are born have to be the ones with the baby and grandpas. I know that I have pictures of my dad holding each one of my boys after they were born, and there is such a beauty about it. He's teary-eyed in each picture. I love it!!! Tell them they did a great job...she has hair!!! hahaha I was beginning to think that we were the only people in Utah that had babies with hair. hahahaha She's a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest baby ever!! I think Bailee is absolutely adorable...I LOVE her hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful! And that was possibly the longest post ever!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah...who did you forgot to call when you were in town?! She is a doll!! What a beautiful baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Gosh!!! That baby is Beautiful!!! That is really cool you got to be there for the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela, WOW! great group of pictures. Thanks for sharing this experience with us, it really feels like we were there. Bailee is just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristie's baby is so cute! I am so mad I can't view her blog yet.. I guess she's to busy having babies:) I wish I could've been there to see her, that's great you were thre to get all these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Words cannot describe how much I care about you Renee and Jonny Shaw!! THANK YOU for being there and with us during this special time in our lives!!!! We Luv you forever!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete