As moving day upon us (we close at the end of the month on our house!!) I've been hittin up grocery stores for boxes, and yesterday I SCORED BIG TIME at Macey's! I go in there and ask the produce department if they had any extra boxes, and she peeks her head in the back and says 'How many do ya want?' I of course answer 'All of them!' well, I guess I didn't realized just how many she had back there. It filled up the whole back of our SUV! This will help out soo much!

Well, moving day is approaching us but where we are moving to is still undetermined. I HATE not knowing 'the plan'. It has been very stressful looking for a place to live (and that allows pets). Maybe I'll have to get a few more boxes, and build a fort because that's where we are going to end up living. Hehe. No, we have looked at a few apartments, it's just narrowing them down to one that will work. We looked at one on Monday- and loved it! I really hope the landlord picks us, as he has a few applicants. Throw your happy thoughts our way, bc we are needing them!

Even with all this stress though of packing and finding a place and moving, we are SO grateful that we got our house sold so quickly! There were a few bumps in the road with the people buying our house- they are really 'interesting' people that's all we'll say about that. But what a huge blessing in this economy to sell our house in just 2 months! I feel bad when we drive by houses that have been for sell for well over a year. The advantage of our house though was it a lot cheaper than most houses out there. Perfect for college students! We are so sad to be leaving our home after just 2 short years of living there, but we knew it would come to an end when we moved in. It's amazing how attached you can become to a house, so much hard work and so many memories were made in this house it's going to be tough to say goodbye. I also wanted to let my family know how AMAZING they are! Before we even knew when we were moving out I got phone calls from them 'When do we need to come up and help pack/move/clean?', they are already arranging everything that needs to be done, and everyone's 'job' in helping us move before we are. They are so good at dropping everything in their lives to help out someone else that needs it. I really hope Jonathan and I strive to be like that, my family is such a wonderful example of GIVING!
You do know we will help you guys right?? We're totally there for you. I felt bad when I thought about it and realized we hadn't said anything to you guys...of course we'd help you guys I guess I just figured you'd read our minds and know. Sorry. :(
ReplyDeletei didnt' know your house sold... how exciting!
ReplyDeleteThat is so crazy and exciting all rolled into one!!! When are you moving out? I'm sure David will help you move if he can. Just give him a call. Let me know if there is anything you need...a place to stay...or stash your stuff, etc...or both. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sad to hear your moving because I think we would have been in the same ward in May! Lance and I are moving into an apartment in a house just a couple houses up.
ReplyDelete