Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving 08 & Jim Brickman

Thanksgiving 08 was so nice this year. To sum it up it was R & R! We spent it this year with my family. We actually had 2 with them, one on Thursday and one on Friday. Thursday's was at my Aunt Jan's house. She decorated the table so beautifully! This woman loves purple, so that of course was the theme for the table. All the food was so yummy!
Jonny diggin into some pie!
After stuffing ourselves to the brim on Thursday- Friday's Thanksgiving was at my cousin's Theresa's. ALL of the family came to this one (except for a Grieg who was down in St.George, and Jess's little family). My cousin from MN even came down with her husband and 4 kids! Theresa's place is so nice, she has got a play room in the back so all the kids mostly just played in there and had a blast! I think they all changed their clothes about a million times into 'princess' costumes. Here is Delan and I. I am so glad that she made it!

At midnight we went down to the Fashion Place mall for BLACK FRIDAY! We got there around 11:30pm and this is what it had already looked like, and we were in the middle, so take this and times it by two. And when they opened their doors at these people went running! My friend Desiree works at the mall, and worked this night, and she said it was a mad house for a couple hours, then all that was left were just teenagers. We walked out empty handed, and went home to bed!
After Thanksgiving on Friday, Grandma, Jill, Jonny and I loaded up in Jill's car and headed down to St.George. Man, I haven't been down there in forever and missed all my family down there! It was so much fun to hang out with all of them. The reason we went down there was to drop Grandma off, she'll be staying down there till Christmas. And my cousin Megan got baptised! We are so proud of her and her dad Grieg for all their hard work in making this possible for themselves to do this! We are so grateful that we were able to attend!

This is my cousin Josh's little girl Pyper. She is so cute! I actually had never met her before, but she surprisingly sat on my lap for a while, and warmed up to me fast! I almost snuck her in my suitcase, you wouldn't notice would you Brandy??

Pyper's aunt, my cousin Krissy snuggling. Pyper is such a cuddly little girl, or at least she was that night.
Here is Pyper with my Uncle Scott (her grandpa- who she adores!). Pyper kept dropping her cookies into the milk, and Scott would fish them out one after another. I wondered how long they were going to play that game!
Well, we drove back Sunday morning to Salt Lake and then Jonny and I drove back to Logan that evening. And lets just say we were tired when we got home! Here is Roxy and I about to crash for the night! When she goes to Jill's and plays with all her friends it usually takes her 2 days to recover for every 1 day that she is there.
JIM BRICKMAN!!
I am going to be honest and say that I wasn't too excited about going to Jim Brickman this time. Don't get me wrong, I HEART Jim Brickman, and so does my whole family. I just wasn't excited about it being a 'Christmas' Concert. I have been to a couple of his Christmas Concerts before, and thought 'I don't even really like Christmas music (I know you are all gasping and think I am a huge Ba-Hum-Bug, but it's not that I hate all Christmas music, just all the jingles, I think I got sick of those when I was about 10) so I don't really want to go all that much'. Well, Jill got my ticket with out knowing this, so it looked like I was going. And am I glad I did! It was soo much fun, and soo good! Here is my sister and I getting ready for the big Jim Brickman night. She probably isn't going to like this picture, but this is pretty much what we did for 30 min, doing her hair and make up. I can't wait to have little girls to be able to do all that with them. (although I won't be plucking their eye brows hehe)
The concert was here in Logan so all my family drove up. It was Jill, Becky, Jan, Jamie, Phila, Theresa, Alyssa and I. I wish we all got to do things more often! I took some video's of it, but Blogger isn't letting me upload them. They are probably too long. But I'll try back later. Here is the stage though, our Theater here in Logan is gorgeous!
My sister, Alyssa and I. Don't we look so much alike?? She is actually about 4 yrs younger than I am.
... and then my camera died at intermission! Dang it! Probably bc of all the video's I took. Oh well. If Jim Brickman is ever coming to your home town- GO! He is amazing in Concert, and so are his co-host's that he brings! And ladies- Jim is pretty good looking!

Good news! We had someone come and look at our house last night. Big THANKS to my sister for helping clean up! They are the cutest couple, who are engaged. And the ironic part is that they are getting married in May, just like us! And we bought the house in December, just like them! Is it a sign?? I am trying not to get my hopes up but it's hard! Our house has only been for sale for 2 weeks now, but they loved it! (how could you not?) The guys fiance said that the colors we've painted are exactly what she loves! I am glad too, bc our house is very colorful and I was worried that people wouldn't like it bc of that. Keep your fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. Your hair looks very cute- I want to go and get my hair done again before Bailee comes. And that is kind of ironic-the whole house thing. That would be so cool if they bought it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think I might have missed her!! Sorry we didn't get to see more of you guys, but thanks for helping watch my kiddo's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you went back to really blonde. It looks good and is getting so long.

    ReplyDelete