Friday, October 22, 2010

Bear lake 2010

{original date: 7/10/10}

Ah Bear Lake- how we love thee! We make it a tradition to go with Kristie and her family and this year we went and met up with my family there. It was so much fun! I love getting ready for Bear Lake. I love getting ready for 'day vacations'! Love getting our lunches packed, towels, making sure the camera is charged, chairs, snack food- so much fun to me. And I love the car ride there. It is so beautiful! My uncle Greig came and he is so much! We jammed out and talked and had a blast! Ridin in the car- poor Kristie got stuck in the back. But I didn't mind, I got to sit by my buddie Bailee Renee! She is at the cutest stage of repeating what you say and wanting to have all these 'adult conversations' with you. So cute!
Floatie is blown up and she is ready to hit the lake- too bad she didn't like it all that much. Darn!
Ode to Aunt Sara! She lives in Oklahoma and I always miss her so much! She is such an amazing person and so fun to be around. Makes the best of every situation and is so nice. I only get to see her when she comes out to Bear Lake every year, and I wish it was more often. Love you Aunt Sara!


Ok need to let you know on a little secret. Bear Lake is NOT 'our' family thing. It's Sara's (my side) husbands (not my side) family. But they are so sweet and so inviting that they've always invited us to come. It's their annual family reunion and it's been happening for 50 years now! Woah! My uncle Alan has only missed 2 times his whole life while he was on his mission. They live for this reunion! 2 weeks of bliss! And who wouldn't? It's awesome! I remember going when I was a kid all the time, and playing all sorts of 'Lewis' games and playing with all the cousins and sleeping in tents and playing in the water all day. And one of the best things about the Lewis family reunion is - the DOCK! Love it! They've always had one, they literally assemble it and dis assemble it every year. I've never actually been there on the first day when it is being assembled and dragged out far into the lake and anchored down. So it was neat seeing that happening. Jonny even got to help drag it out there. Once it was out there, he couldn't help but jump off that thing!
Enjoying the paddle boats. Those things are so much fun, but add a lot of people on them, and they start to sink- we found that out the hard way!
Bailee enjoying her Bear Lake trip from a safe distance on the shore.
Can this kid get any more hilarious! When ever we go to any 'swimming activity' he always brings all his gear. Which consists of: goggles, arm floaties, and his dog floaty. Love him!
Enjoying the gorgeous view!

Just chillin on the beach. This is something that I enjoy. I love watching people and just relaxing. I could lay on the beach with a good book (... and someone handing me fruity drinks all day) with no complaints.
A composure of the little one enjoying the beach. Until 2011 Bear Lake day- happy waves!

1 comment:

  1. Luv luv all your posts and I just want to still this whole post and copy into to mine!!! so glad that we get to go with you to Bear Lake so much fun!

    ReplyDelete