Monday, August 11, 2008

Ta-Da!

Here it is! Our newly painted house. I hope everyone likes it, because we sure do! Honestly though, we were a little sceptical in the beginning- that yellow looked a little bright. But when we added the black trim and the black shutters it made all the difference in the world! Thanks so much again to Jonny's parents for coming up Friday and staying till Saturday, and Adam for his paint sprayer and helping us Saturday afternoon. We wouldn't have been able to do it so quickly and so good with out you guys. And are we all in love with that paint sprayer?! Jonny's mom and I said we are never painting with a roller again, it went so fast. Also, HUGE shout out to my amazing husband for painting the whole thing! He took Friday off and had the yellow done by lunch time, and pretty much did the majority of the painting. He is such a hard worker, and I love him for that!
This was the majority of our weekend. Friday night after we painted for the day, Jonny made some yummy steaks (with our friend Dave's secret seasoning) and Jonny's parents and us roasted marshmallows and made smores, it was so nice outside that night. We got done about 4pm on Saturday with everything. Jonny and Adam put an attic fan in, that we can already tell a difference in our house with. Saturday night we went over to Colin and Jess's for a bit, then went and saw Step Brothers. Laughed so hard! And Sunday we just went to church (9am now- sucks!) and just layed around the rest of the day. Good weekend all together! Soo tell me what you think of our 'new' house...

10 comments:

  1. Love it!! See the black made all the difference in the world, it looks so good with all the black. Maybe the problem with our house is we need an attic fan, maybe we should put one in. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit...when David first told me the colors that you guys chose I cringed. But now that I see it it look sooooooooo cute!!! I think the door and chair tie it all together. You guys still need to come by and see our new abode. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it:) It doesn't even look like the same house! The yellow and black look awesome together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute!! I love the yellow and the black!! Can you guys come by like next weekend and paint ours?? :) Ours is in desperate need of a face lift!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your house!!! So very cute. I need to come and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so so so cute! I cant believe how fast it went! and how many coats did you have to use?? I definitely want a paint sprayer before I own a house. Love it! You should show pics of your backyard now...@!

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT LOOKS WONDERFUL! All of those many hours at the service project for Youth Conference in Oaklahoma, certainly paid off :)

    That took us forever to paint that ladies house!!!

    Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. IT LOOKS GOOD GUYS ! THAT WAS NICE MOM AND DAD CAME TO HELP YOU ALL OUT !!! FUN TIMES !!!

    ReplyDelete