Wednesday, January 20, 2010

packing, presentation, last day of school

Boxes and tubs over load. I was so excited to finally start the packing for the big move to Salt Lake! It was so nice that when we moved into our town home, from our house because we didn't really un pack much since we knew that we would be moving in December when Jonny graduated. So luckily there wasn't that much to pack up.
We are so grateful that Jonny's parents opened their home to us as a transition place until we find a place of our own in Salt Lake and get settled. So since I knew that our things were going to be in storage for some time, I made sure that everything was clearly labeled in case we needed to find things. I made this huge excel spreadsheet with everything I own on it- Jonny thinks I am crazy... but when he needed that pan, he sure found it in 1b.
Senior Project Presentation Day!! It went awesome! You should have seen Jonny's motorcycle that stood out from all the rest of the projects! I am so proud of him! He was glowing showing off that thing off. He worked so hard on this project and he finished it with flying colors! Everyone was so so impressed!
He was making all the other engineer's jealous because everyone was huddled around his bike just so impressed and amazed! Utah State University actually wanted Jonny to donate the motorcycle to the school, and have this project be done every year and have Jonny oversee it. What an honor!
Dr.Chen his professor was the most impressed! He loves Jonny!
And the best news of all: JONNY WON BEST SENIOR DESIGN PROJECT 2009! (with cash prize!) My husband is the smartest and the coolest! I am so proud of him!
Getting his motorcycle on the 3rd floor of the Engineering building was tricky and amusing.

The motorcycle barely fit in the elevator!


LAST DAY OF SCHOOL EVER! (until he decides to go back and get his Masters or major in something else, which wouldn't surprise me). This was such an exciting day for both of us! He's literally been going to school every semester (including summers- and minus 2 years for his mission) since Kindergarten! So this day was just so surreal for him.

2 comments:

  1. That is VERY impressive about Jonny's senior project, you sound like one proud wife and rightfully so! Hope your enjoying SLC now you dont have to travel there every weekend! It was nice to catch up with you Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting! I want a ride! :) Congratulations! What now?

    ReplyDelete