Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter for 2

Love my adorable husband! Even though Jonny's been at school for most of the weekend, and will probably live there till May 1st when school is out for the summer, we still have the best time when we are together! Ever since I've known Jonny I have NEVER been able to 'wait' for the event to give him presents. I am begging him to open our Christmas presents early, and I begged him on his last birthday to 'just open your presents from me a day early!'. Well, that's what happened this Easter too. Jonny came home on Saturday and I made him find his Easter basket. It was so fun to see him get excited over it!
BUT I couldn't top his Easter for me! This morning he woke me up after taking Roxy outside and came upstairs and told me someone was here to see me downstairs. (I was immediately hoping it was Kristie, and she had come up to surprise me! But it wasn't). I was a bit confused, and didn't want to go down there if someone was really here because I had just woken up and that is not a pretty sight (which is why there are no pictures of my Easter). Jonny had to re assure me that it was ok to just go down like how I was. So I put my robe on and opened the bedroom door to find candy and Easter eggs everywhere! I followed the trail to my freakin awesome Easter basket, and I had my own little Easter egg hunt all over the house! It was the best! Who needs kids, when you are kids at heart? After church we came home and had some yummy roast, salad, mashed potatoes, corn, and rolls.


Then I took a nap while Jonny had gone up to school, and when I woke up Roxy needed to be taken outside. I couldn't believe how nice it was outside! Knowing we couldn't pass up this beautiful weather I called up Jonathan to come home so we could go to the park with Roxy.
Oh did she love it! She hasn't really been to the park since last Spring, and you could tell. As soon as she got out of the truck she bolted!
For dessert I made cheesecake bites. Ya, pretty delicious.

Roxy's favorite thing to do- run with Dad!

It was so bright outside.
Happy Easter!

4 comments:

  1. Roxy's Dad...you guys are so funny that you call yourselves mom and dad to Roxy. hehe Sounds like you had a blast!! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys alway's have so much fun. Looks like it was a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I agree on the fun part!!!!!!
    We Miss you!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun pics! I'm glad your Easter was so fun! I'll get a belly pic up soon, but I'm getting to the bigger, uglier stages, which could be scary. :)

    ReplyDelete