Saturday, June 28, 2008

8 trash bags later and still plenty more to do

There have been some nasty little rumors going around that we have a lot of weeds in are yard, I am sad to say that they are true but it's not that we want it that way. When you have me working full time and going to school then Angela working full time and a part time job, it's pretty hard to find time to work in the yard especially when there is always someone begging us to come to Salt Lake or something else that requires attention. So I am putting and end to this nonsense. We do care about our yard and we have the pictures to prove it before and after so you can make a comparison. Just keep in mind that it's not done yet, but after 7 hours in the hot sun and Angela with heat exhaustion it was time to stop.
I dont know what it is but it was the same thing last year the yard has terrible and took several days to clean up before I could plant my pitiful garden that never grew anything.
Before:
As you can see it could have been nothing short of a miracle to get the yard looking nice but unfortunately we were only able to perform half a miracle today.


In the middle of it all Roxy saw an opportunity to sit on someone as Angela leaned over so she jumped on it, you can't pass up on that kind of thing. Roxy just has to be with us where ever we go she is very clingy especially lately more to Angela though she is always pawing at her to be picked up.
After:
It actually looks somewhat decent now, after this I sprayed the whole yard down with weed killer to get what ever we left behind. Now maybe when Roxy goes outside I wont have to spend 5 minutes pickings things out of her fur every time she comes back in. We got big plans for our cute little house this year so stay tuned we'll be sure to keep you updated with all the wonderful pictures of our wonderful little home.

4 comments:

  1. It looks Fabulous! Looks like its time to have a barbecue! Im so there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW and I thought we had millions
    of weeds, We only had two trash bags full. That is crazy!! Well your yard looks beautifull!! I weeded on Saturday too and it took me about 2 hrs with breaks inbetween because it was too HOT HOT to do anything. How long did it take you to do all of that? Man and why were weeds ever created??

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking good guys. Wish I could see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela doing yard work?!? Now that is a treat. She never did much growing up and I am so glad she has someone to motivate her. Great job on the yard! You two desirve a backyard party for this one.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete