Sunday, February 21, 2010

Jonny's BLACK TIE graduation party!

Where to begin? On January 9th, 2010 we threw the biggest bash ever for Jonny! The theme was 'Black Tie' and it was a hit. I can't tell you how amazing this party was! Everyone should throw a 'Black Tie' party once in their lives. It was so fun to see all our family and friends come in dressed to impress. The huge party was to celebrate Jonny graduating from USU with his Electrical Engineering degree. He surely deserved this huge party in his honor. He's worked so hard over the last 5+ years of early classes and late night studying.
We had some help from some family and friends early in the morning to set up this event at Jonny's parents home ward. We got everything set up so fast with everyone's help. I am so happy with the way it turned out! I got these glasses from Oriental Trading and how perfect were they for this event?
I love these vases that I bought from clearance Walmart left over from Christmas. Everything really seemed to come together, and looked stunning!
We bought 24 Martinelli's, and only came home with about 6 bottles. We had a great turn out!
Jonny's senior project on display! How awesome is it? Seriously!? (don't mind the ribbon that fell down, it was fixed). That was really the main focal point of the evening, as it should have been along with Jonny.

Huge thanks to my BFF Kristie for all her help! She is such an amazing friend and a hard worker. Really couldn't have done it with out you Billy Gun!




I bought this 'signing frame' about 4 years ago, and had never used it. Never had a real reason to, but so glad I pulled it out to use it for this party. The frame was filled by the end of the night, and what a great way to remember who was all there to celebrate with us!

Huge huge thanks to my awesome favorite sister in law/person Julianne for letting us borrow her yummy chocolate fountain. Just wouldn't have been complete with out it. It was so yummy, can I mention that again?

Thanks to everyone who helped out with food assignments- you all are wonderful!
Love my Grandma! She looked so beautiful that night!
Dear Megan and Lindsay- you two deserve the 'traveled the longest to come' award. Thanks so much for coming down from Logan. I miss you guys so much, and can't wait to see you again!
My favorite little niece- LuLu. I could steal her away any second of any day. I can't wait until she is older to take shopping, and get our hair done, and nails done, and all that girly stuff! I love her to pieces!
You should have seen Jonny glowing all night around his motorcycle. He was so proud (as he should be) to show that thing off to anyone that came with in 5 feet of it. He got 'Best Senior Design Project' at USU- what an accomplishment! Everyone was just so amazed at that bike. My husband- the engineer :)

Jonny's sweet grandparents. We love them, and were so glad they were able to come!












Walter Brock how we've missed you! So bummed your wife and 2 adorable kids could not come with you!
Love the Isom family. Becky you are the best! Thanks for being such a great friend to me!








Grandma Shaw and sweet baby Janessa.


This picture reminds me of that scene from Dirty Dancing where Baby is carrying a watermelon to the club. That was my favorite movie when I was younger, Kristie and I would watch that all the time.
Thank you Jonny's amazing Dad for getting that slush drink all set up and maintained. You are the best person for the job!
























Oh I just love this man and am so so happy that he is finally done with school! I can't even tell you how nice it is not to trip over that backpack full of books on the floor every day, and to have him home and not to have him leave all the time to study. He is now currently working at Hill Air Force Base and loving every minute of it. He's such a grown up now.



Yes- go me! A smile from Bailee Renee!


Now what kind of friend am I to plan Jonny's party on Bailee Renee's, my god daughter, 1st birthday? Kristie is so awesome and let me keep the date so we had to at least get Bailee a birthday cake. It was an awesome surprise!



I wonder what Bailee thought of this huge cake for her? From this picture not good thoughts. Just wait, later on she and her little girlfriends digged into it.
Thanks Jonny- from Kristie!










Let's hear it for the GIRLS! I love all my great girlfriends for all the friendship and support they give me every day! You guys are the BEST!
















Kristie and Mike never got to go to Prom, so here's their Prom picture- enjoy.










I think I am going to thow this amazing party once a year! So many compliments on how fun it was to get dressed up and come to a fancy party! And it sure was! Thanks love for graduating!

4 comments:

  1. Awww, looks like you guys had a great time. Beautifully done! Josh and I wish we could have made it. But well, life happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a party! looks like it was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too fun, looks awesome Ang! I just know you guys are loving life after school!!! I know we do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all the pictures! The party turned out perfect!!! I am kicking myself that I did not take any pictures with my camera! will you find it in your heart to forgive me :) Love ya your the best! Go jonny you are finally done with school (well at least for now LOL)

    ReplyDelete