First of all- it has taken me forever to upload all these pictures! I don't even want to know how many I uploaded, but I just wanted to post all of them!
The first post is for our neice Madelyn! We ran across her future college on the way to Moab! She loves dinasours so this made us intantly think of her- I think the Watt's need to take a field trip down there sometime soon... although I don't exactly remember where it was...
Now onto our ABB (Anniversay-Birthday-Birthday)! It started out rainy- but we were lucky that it only lasted for a while! We left Salt Lake on Sunday around noon, and enjoyed the ride down to Moab, UT together. Jonny and I have sort of an unspoken rule about the car, we never turn the radio on. We have really done this since we met about 4 1/2 years ago (where does time go!) We honestly have the BEST conversation in the car traveling, or going anywhere. Maybe because it forces you to talk, and there are no distractions. But I encourage everyone to do that when you get in the car!
The rain! At one point in Price, it was hailing soo bad! I was so sad thinking that it was going to be crappy weather.
The first night we stayed at Green River just outside of Moab. It is a rink-a-dink town, but actually has tons to do there.

Our 'camping' cabin! I originally told Jonny that we could go 'camping' for our ABB this year, but when we started looking at prices, a cabin is about $20 bucks or so more than a tent camp spot. So why not pay a little extra more for electricity, and not sleeping on the ground! Jonny even said at the end that he was glad we did the cabins rather than the tents. Especially since it seemedto rain Sunday and Monday night.
It was the cutest cabin too! We for sure want to get some friends together this summer and go 'camping'!

Sunday night it was still raining some when we got there- I was thinking back, and I think it rained on our last ABB as well.
Didn't spoil our fun! We just wipped out Yatzee! I am not a big Yatzee fan, so Jonny pretty much only brought this game for us to play, so I was forced to join in.
I actually got the worst allergies Sunday night! This is why you won't see many pictures of me that day. I was so glad on Monday when they were gone!
After a quick game of Yatzee, Jonny got out the tourist map and found us some things to do! But that map was so wrong on one of the trails Jonny wanted to go on!
He insisted that the trail was thru this chained gate! I couldn't believe he just opened up the gate and drove thru. I have too much of a guiltly concesness, and just knew we were on private property or something and would get into trouble. Jonny just tells me 'You worry too much!'. Luckily for him nothing did happen, and that road didn't take us anywhere either! LAME MAP!
BUT we did go see the Crystal Geyser!
However it only erupts apparently every 12 hours or so. So of course we were not there when it was going off. I think it almost made it more fun because we could walk all around!

I love this picture of Jonny! He looks like a curious little child! He's so cute!
He's telling the geyser to go UP! But that didn't work at all!
I think all these pictures that I took here turned out soo cool! All those colors just popped! All the rocks with the water running down them was so neat!


Like I say, didn't feel good that night- please excuse the crappy pictures of me. But I needed to prove I was there at least.



This picture is dedicated to my Aunt Jill. This is her saying!
When we got back to the cabin we made some ice cream that Jonny's mom had given us to make! Thanks Mama Shaw! We rolled it around a few times, however it made alot of noise on the wood floor, and it was pretty late. So we rolled it around until it made ice cream on the outside of the container, and that was it.


But it did taste pretty yummy!
MOAB, UT! It was nice when we woke up in Green River that we only had to drive about an to Moab!
Where we stayed Monday and Tuesday night!
I just love these cute cabins! I could not get enough of them!



The sunsets in Moab were so beatiful!

This picture turned out so cool I think. We set up the camera on timer on the truck, and it was on a different setting, and this is how it turned out.
Monday! Anniversary! Rafting day! We had the highest hopes for rafting that day! We were so excited and ready to jump in that raft and hit some major rapids!

I am ready to Go!!
We must have been a little too excited bc we ended up being like an hour early. So we walked around Moab, until it was time to go. So the next few pictures are taken with a disposable water proof camera, so they are not the best quality- but they do.

Finally on the raft!

And this is about how it was the whole freaking time! $100 waste of a rafting trip! There was about 20 seconds of actual rapids, the rest was just floatin down the Colorado River. We were soo dissapointed! We'll know for next time though for sure to just go to the level 4 and 5 rapids, below 4 is not worth it we realized (ours was suppose to be a 3- ya right!)
But we did have an amzing lunch! Red Cliff's Lodge catered it, and it was so yummy. Jonny had to get a picture of me eating because he could not believe I was eating that much! Hey, I was starving.
You can barely see Jonny- but he's in there.




So we asked this guy to take a picture of us rowing with our oars, and he totally missed the oars. Silly guy!
All in all though the rafting trip was fun! Just more relaxing than we wanted.
After our 'exciting' rafting trip we heading back to the campground and swam the night away.
We had so much fun finishing off our underwater camera! Some of the pictures that turned out were so funny!








I have to admit I am a sore loser. Once I realized I wasn't winning, I didn't want to play anymore! But I played on for Jonny!
First we headed up to this amazing waterfall called Faux Falls at Ken's Lake. It was pretty hot that day, so the water splashing off the waterfall felt so nice!








About noon we headed up to Arches National Park. And we hiked till about 8pm! I don't think I have done that much hiking my entire life. Jonny was loving it though! I'd have to say, I wouldn't mind going again!



We tried to do one of those illusion pictures, and this is how it turned out.









Jonny and I were being goofy and 'jumping' over a ledge. I don't know why I am jumping like this!






The famous Delicate Arch Hike! Man this hike is decieving, you make it up a huge hill and think your to the end, and then soon realize that you are only a 1/3 of the way there!
You can't really tell in this picture, but pretty much where the land ends is where we parked. and that's about 1/2 way. It was so pretty up there!
They had all these stacked stones to tell you that you were on the rgiht trail. I could see how you could get pretty lost up there. Jonny just couldn't believe how open and how much 'nothing' there was!






We made it! Here comes the sad and pathetic part. That is as far as I got! I was too scared to walk over to the Arch! Are you kidding, no railing, no way. One trip and I was falling off the cliff, no thank you!


Jonny wasn't scared though! He tried and tried to get me to go, but it wasn't happening. He marched over there by himself. I couldn't believe how many photographers were there! And all of them were hiking up that 4 mile hike with their huge tri pods and all their camera accessories!

He looks so small under that huge Arch! All the photographers I was sitting by were getting so mad at all the torourist getting thier pictures taken under the Arch. It was pretty funny to hear them complain about it.




That night my adorible husband went and got us a pizza while I watched some TV. And he was gone for a while, I was starting to wonder what had happened. All the sudden I hear a knock at the door, and this is what I see when I open the door! 24 candles on this oreo cake and Jonny singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I seriously love him so much! He is the most creative, romantic, amazing person I know! Thanks so much!
And Wednsday we were out! Poor Jonny had to spend his Birthday driving all the way back home to Logan. I promise next year it will be more exciting for you!
On the way home we stopped at Little Acorn Drive-In. This is a drive in that is on the way to Jonny's parents cabin, and Jonny LOVES it. I do too now, it was so good!
Well, Jonny's birthday wasn't all to terrible! He got to bring his motorcycle home! His amazing Mom helped up arrange to get a U-Haul so Jonny could finally bring the motorcyle that he bought 3 months ago, and has been sitting in Layton at his friend Adam's house until we knew what we were doing this summer. Which looks like staying in good ol' Logan- RATS!
Oh he was so super excited! That bike has been in our garage now for not even a week and he already has it stripped down to the frame and just can't wait to start on his senior project! If you know any sponsers please let him know! This is pretty much his LAST semester at school, his senior project, so we can't wait for him to get started on it and be done!

Whew, now I am going to bed!
Inside of our cute cabin. It was actually a 'large'. That was all that was left when we FINALLY decided to plan out this vacation. That will teach us to plan out our ABB sooner since it is on Memorial weekend.

Finally on the raft! 
And this is about how it was the whole freaking time! $100 waste of a rafting trip! There was about 20 seconds of actual rapids, the rest was just floatin down the Colorado River. We were soo dissapointed! We'll know for next time though for sure to just go to the level 4 and 5 rapids, below 4 is not worth it we realized (ours was suppose to be a 3- ya right!)
But we did have an amzing lunch! Red Cliff's Lodge catered it, and it was so yummy. Jonny had to get a picture of me eating because he could not believe I was eating that much! Hey, I was starving.
You can barely see Jonny- but he's in there. 



So we asked this guy to take a picture of us rowing with our oars, and he totally missed the oars. Silly guy!
All in all though the rafting trip was fun! Just more relaxing than we wanted.
After our 'exciting' rafting trip we heading back to the campground and swam the night away.
We had so much fun finishing off our underwater camera! Some of the pictures that turned out were so funny!

Tuesday we went HIKING! Before we started our huge day of that we had major fun playing on the play ground and huge checkers!
what an amazing fun adventure for your ABB it was. Love the pictures. What fun cabins you stayed in too!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the pictures for Madelyn. I will have to show her them.
Looks like you guys had a great time! Send me the info on those fun little cabins! Josh and I were just talking about doing a trip with the kids and that looks like it would be a blast! You gusy always have the most fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you guys had such a fun time!!! I love all the pictures.:) Hey, every year on the way home from girls camp, we would stop at Little Acorn! Love it!
ReplyDeleteI love Arches, thats where we took our family vacation last summer, it's one of my favorite places. I'm glad you had fun, it makes me really want to go back.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had such a good time! I love all the pictures, some of them are so beautiful - you take excellent scenery shots!!
ReplyDeleteHappy ABB! I am so glad that it did not rain the whole timethat you were there... and I love that you guys made ice- cream so random yet so fun! Woot Woot on the pictures they turned out amazing.
ReplyDelete