Monday, November 3, 2008

Home-style Panda Express

Last night Jonny and I wanted to try out some recipes from our 'secret recipes'. Which is every recipe you could think of from every restaurant and every candy etc! If you want it, comment and I'll email it to ya. Well, we picked Panda Express Orange Chicken! Here's how it went (step by step) ...
All the ingredients (and a few substitutes).
Preparing the chicken.
You have to let the wok heat up for about 15 min before you cook it, it gets really hot! We have an electric stove (hate it!), so it might not have cooked as well.
Frying chicken.
The cooked chicken.

Making the sauce.

Jonny giving the thumbs up- goin good!
Mixing it all together.
It really does look and smell like Panda Orange chicken, but will it taste like it?

Going in for the first bite...

And NO it doesn't! Jonny liked it, but I sure didn't. Too much of something and too little of something else. I think you just really can't substitute things- follow the recipe- exact! But we'll try it again.

On Saturday while Jonny was at school I raked up all our leaves. Well, I can't say that truthfully, Jonny did most of it a couple weeks ago, I just got the leaves that had fallen since then. Man- I think that should be done at gym! 'Raking Leaves Class!'. It is a workout! And it didn't help much that as I was sweeping our driveway that was full of leaves, Roxy would run up to my pile get a mouthful of leaves, run and put them back on the front yard! But we got it done. What I love about Logan (maybe they do this other places) is that all you have to do is rake your leaves to the curb and then a huge vacuum comes by and sucks them all up for ya! No bagging! Ya!

1 comment:

  1. Um thanks now I am craving Oragne Chicken :D

    And Raking can be such a pain and definitely a workout. And no fair that you do not have to bag the leaves yourself ugh that is the best part. Hmmm ya right

    ReplyDelete